📖 Open Bookclub on "Peer to peer: A commons manifesto"

I stumbled on an open access book called “Peer to peer: A commons manifesto” (2019; CC-BY-NC-ND) and I am planning to read it. I thought it would be fun to organize a book club around this relatively short book (~100 pages; 5 chapters). The meetings will discuss the chapters and provide a space to share ideas, thoughts, concerns, or anything else we might think of.

This Openbook club will adhere to this Code of Conduct. Any kind of behavior that you feel is reportable can be sent to me directly at chris@libscie.org. I encourage you to not doubt whether it is worthwhile enough to make a report if you are affected by. If someone wants to volunteer to be available if a report needs to be made where I may have a conflict of interest, please do reach out (I’ll update this if a volunteer has been found).

Meetings will take place in virtual world as an experiment (as easy as Google Hangouts!).

The proposed book club schedule is on Fridays and times are in CET (UTC+2). A calendar to subscribe to is available here.

When (YYYY/MM/DD, time) What
2019/08/30, 4.30-5PM CET Book club introductory social
2019/09/06, 4-5PM CET Chapter 1: Introduction : Peer to Peer
2019/09/13, 4-5PM CET Chapter 2: P2P and a New Ecosystem of Value Creation
2019/09/20, 4-5PM CET Chapter 3: P2P and New Socio-technological Frameworks
2019/09/27, 4-5PM CET Chapter 4: P2P and the Structure of World History
2019/10/04, 4-5PM CET Chapter 5: A Commons Transition Strategy

Hope to see you there! Feel free to ask questions here or drop a line if your intention is to participate, so I can say hi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I’m in, and also I didn’t know about this project and forum, will be taking a look around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay :partying_face:

I haven’t really advertised the forum much, maybe I’ll do a bit more of that after the summer.

1 Like

Super cool idea! :blush:

I stumbled upon the idea of P2P economy just last week, therefore I am very interested in joining the book club. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This week’s meet will take place at Mozilla Hubs

https://hub.link/KuatwZW with entry code 501 476
or simply https://hubs.mozilla.com/KuatwZW/charming-plump-meet

Oh no, I missed it! :frowning_face:

I created a reminder for the next meetings right away.

Did I miss something content-wise, or am I fine with reading the first chapter and join the next meet up? :slight_smile:

No worries, you’re fine :slight_smile: Only thing you might do is familiarize yourself with Mozilla Hubs a bit, but we can also do that this Friday!

It will be a close one for me tomorrow – sorry! I try to make, but please do not wait for me, it might just be, that I am still sitting in a train. :frowning:

Okay, no worries :slight_smile: Enjoy your train ride!

For the others who want to join: we’ll be meeting in

I’m a bit late to the party and unable to join the call this Friday, but I did start reading the book as well so may join in a later week…

This weeks club is again in

I’m looking at a venue for the conference, so I’m not going to make it! Last two weeks there was no one :woman_shrugging:

I’m closing this bookclub because nobody participated and my schedule is getting too conflicting as well. If anybody wants to talk about this book, please feel free to reach out (chris@libscie.org)