I was giving a lightning talk at tuebix with the super generic title “Open up, science!”. Nevertheless, I got into discussions with at least a handful of people afterwards, so it was definitely worth it.
There will be the Freedom not Fear (FnF) conference from November 8 to 11 in Brussels. I have been there 2014 + 2015 and it was super inspiring, since there were so many people having a great overview regarding what’s happening in the EU (aka Brussels bubble) and their nation states.
I will probably go there this year again. Does anyone want to join?
Here is a table were sessions can be submitted:
As Friedemann — one of the organizers — puts it:
· Please put your sessions and suggestions in the table! If you need a
lot of time for your sessions, take two slots.
· To edit the prepared cell content in multiple lines, click the multi
line input box icon next to the input field in the menu above the table.
· Please share the EtherCalc, but since its quite vulnerable to
unfriendly edits, I guess its not appropriate to post it imprudently.
FnF is more or less a bar camp, therefore the whole organization is super open.
In case no one else will be able to go there: Let’s co-organize a session remotely.
I have no deep knowledge of the status quo of Open Science, therefore some support would be great. We could:
- Invite an activist who is based close to Brussels and would be interested in giving a talk
- Create a session that is just an open discussion – I am sure that there will be plenty of people having at least some insight into this issue
- In the past there were also people from the commission or the parliament giving talks or joined a panel – any ideas who to invite regarding Open Science?
- They are surely a thousand more possibilities
Best regards sent from Berlin,